24. Depression with Dr. Peter Bongiorno
Dr. Peter Bongiorno’s mission is to improve everyone’s mood by enlightening the practice of mental health. Dr. Peter helps you understand what you can do to lift your mood and beat depression using natural approaches. He received his medical degree at Bastyr University after researching mental health at the National Institutes of Health. Dr. Peter has thriving New York clinics and has authored numerous books to teach both physicians and patients how to use natural care for mental illness.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:30] How the pandemic and economic downturn are affecting people with depression
- [02:45] Dr. Bongiorno’s approach to helping his patients
- [05:00] How Dr. Bongiorno evaluates patients
- [06:40] Should you get your neurotransmitters tested?
- [07:45] The most common underlying causes of depression?
- [09:00] Is your gut affecting your mental health?
- [11:00] Tips for improving mental health
- [14:00] How a naturopathic physician can help someone taking antidepressant medication
- [15:45] How fish oil can help someone struggling with depression
- [17:30] Other nutrients that can be useful for someone struggling with depression
- [19:30] Why it’s important to take a serum ferritin test
- [23:40] The best diet to prevent and treat anxiety and depression
- [28:30] How environmental exposure can influence the way we feel
- [33:30] Dr. Bongiorno’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
Visit our social media for more information
Vitamin K was first discovered in 1929 by Henrik Dam, a Danish scientist, and research since then has revealed this nutrient’s crucial role
Dr. Brad Lichtenstein has spent more than 25 years in private practice and as a professor at Bastyr University. His holistic approach focused
“Tell me what you eat and I will tell you what you are” is as true today as when it was first written in 1925.