27. Top Foods to Boost Your Immune System
“Tell me what you eat and I will tell you what you are” is as true today as when it was first written in 1925. The foods you choose make all the difference in your mental and physical health, vitality, and longevity. Yet many Americans are choosing foods that create inflammation, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, osteoporosis, arthritis, diabetes, depression, cancer and that increase their risk of getting and dying from COVID-19. There’s a lot you can do right now to increase your nutrient status, health, and immunity.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [00:32] The food you eat affect both your immune system and physical health
- [01:35] Globally, there are more people overweight then there are going hungry
- [02:30] 90% of Americans are obese, and 10% suffer from diabetes
- [03:03] Omega 6, fatty acids, saturated fats, and trans fats also increase inflammation
- [04:45] Preliminary research shows those suffering from obesity and type 2 diabetes, are increase risk for severe COVID19 symptoms and death
- [05:15] How a diet filled with fruits and vegetables lower the risks for heart disease, diabetes, and other diseases
- [06:20] The importance if polyphenol
- [06:55] Diets high in polyphenol
- [08:35] Fruits and vegetables you should incorporate in your diet
- [11:00] Herbs and spices packed with polyphenol
Resources Talked About in This Episode
- Blog mentioned – Top Foods to Boost Your Immune System
Visit our social media for more information
Dr. Alschuler, ND and a Fellow by the American Board of Naturopathic Oncology (FABNO) is a Professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of Arizona
Coiled up in each of us is approximately 30 feet of intestines. This tube is technically outside of our bodies, and for us to be able to use the nutrients we eat our GI tract must be able to digest and absorb them.
The shocking and untimely death of actor Chadwick Boseman from colon cancer at 43 years old has shone a spotlight on the importance of screening and treatment.