38. Teen and Adult Acne with Dr. Julie Greenberg
Chronic acne isn’t just frustrating, it can be painful and wreak havoc on a person’s self-esteem. Today Dr. Julie Greenberg and I are talking about natural and integrative ways to tackle acne. Dr. Greenberg is a Naturopathic Doctor specializing in integrative dermatology. She’s the founder of the Center for Integrative Dermatology, a holistic clinic that approaches skin problems by finding and treating the root cause. Dr. Greenberg holds degrees from Northwestern University, Stanford University, and Bastyr University and lectures at naturopathic medical schools and conferences across the U.S. on dermatology.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:55] Is it normal to get acne?
- [03:39] Why teen and adult acne are becoming more common
- [06:45] Are environmental reasons causing acne to become more common?
- [10:00] Foods to avoid to prevent acne
- [15:30] How to transition to a healthy diet that will help prevent acne
- [19:00] What is Dr. Greenberg’s fundamental protocol for calming acne
- [20:16] Why gut health is important to cure acne
- [22:45] Topical medication Dr. Greenberg likes to prescribe
- [25:00] Dr. Greenberg’s thoughts on using antibiotics for treating acne
- [27:23] Do different types of acne have a different approach
- [28:30] How does a teen get predisposed to fungal acne
- [32:00] Why Dr. Greenberg runs a stool and organic acid test
- [33:50] Dr. Greenberg’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
- Guest website – The Center For Integrative Dermatology
- Guest social media – Dr. Greenberg’s Instagram, Facebook
Visit our social media for more information
39. Naturally Reduce Bone and Joint Pain
About 20% (50 million) of American adults suffer from chronic pain and it’s one of the most common reasons for doctor visits.
40. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome with Dr. Todd Born
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) is a devastating condition that leaves people struggling for answers and solutions. Too often they’re told that it’s just in their head and are prescribed antidepressants
41. Time to Toss the Artificial Sweeteners
Stress has never been higher for people. The pandemic. Social isolation. Economic uncertainty. Our highly charged politics. So what are folks doing to pass the time and soothe their anxiety?