40. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome with Dr. Todd Born
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) is a devastating condition that leaves people struggling for answers and solutions. Too often they’re told that it’s just in their head and are prescribed antidepressants. Conventional medicine struggles to effectively treat CFS because it’s a complex, chronic condition that involves many systems in the body. Dr. Todd A Born demystifies CFS and helps you understand what you can do to fix it. Dr. Born is a naturopathic physician, certified nutrition specialist (CNS) and co-owner and medical director of Born Integrative Medicine Specialists.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:24] What is chronic fatigue syndrome
- [04:24[ How Dr. Born helps his patients figure out if they have chronic fatigue syndrome
- [06:45] The difference between conventional testing and the testing Dr. Born runs on his patients
- [11:53] What kind of cortisol test does gives the best clinical picture
- [15:40] Typical chronic fatigue patient patterns
- [18:15] Dr. Born’s approach to infections as an underlying cause of chronic fatigue syndrome
- [21:43] How Lyme disease can be an underlying cause of chronic fatigue syndrome
- [24:33] How people approach their doctors about infections
- [29:15] Are gut infections underlying causes for chronic fatigue
- [32:15] Dr. Born’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
Visit our social media for more information
Learn how to boost feel-good dopamine and oxytocin to help you create a more connected, healthier and joyful life.
In general, a whole food, unprocessed diet that emphasizes healthy protein and fats, vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes, and lean meats or fish, is consistently linked to better health. But, you may be wondering, how specifically do healthy foods work their magic?
The top three nutrients for brain health are acetyl L-carnitine, alpha lipoic acid and huperzine A. Learn what they can do for you and how much to take.