43. Listener Q&A
Today I answer listeners’ questions. Frequently people reach out to me with health questions. And doing a Listener Q&A gives me a chance to answer those questions and share that with you, because typically if someone has a question, there are lots of people with the same question who simply haven’t asked it.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:50] Why has my bone density suddenly dropped from when I last tested?
- [05:30] Taking antidepressants can increase fracture risks
- [08:10] Things that can cause depression
- [14:08] I had COVID months ago and i’m still experiencing symptoms. What can I do?
- [16:24] Is there a natural way to treat ADHD?
- [20:55] How low blood sugar and lack of sleep can cause ADHD symptoms
- [24:00] Lack of nutrients can cause ADHD symptoms
Resources talked about in this episode
- Podcast mentioned: COVID Long Haulers with Dr. Paul Anderson–
- Blogs mentioned- 4 Simple Steps to Fix ADHD
- Blogs mentioned- Vitamin K and Fractures
Visit our social media for more information
Probiotics are healthy bacteria that are naturally part of the microbiome. While not all beneficial bacteria have the same effects, specific species have been shown to promote healthy digestion, skin, mood, immune system, blood sugar control, and insulin, healthy weight, cholesterol, liver function, and support healing leaky gut.
The pandemic has taken a toll on everyone. Perhaps one of the most devastating impacts has been on children. Discussing the social and emotional challenges kids are facing is Dr. Sunita Iyer. She’s a midwife and naturopathic physician, and a graduate-level educator for more than a decade. But she’s also a mom, which makes this personal. After I attended one of Dr. Iyer’s lectures on this topic, I knew I had to interview her and help get her information out to a larger audience
Mushrooms have been used for thousands of years in food and medicine. To unlock the mysteries of mushrooms and how they can help you is Dr. Lindsay Chimileski. Dr. Chimileski is a clinician and professor of botanical medicine at University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine. She teaches mushroom courses to the public and is an assistant leader of ethnobotanical ecotours through Jamaican rainforests.