53. Stress and Adrenal Health with Dr. Doni Wilson
This past year people’s stress has been off the charts, with devastating consequences: insomnia, decreased immunity, infertility, irritability, emotional eating, weight gain and depression. Dr. Doni Wilson is a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, and certified nutrition specialist believes it is possible to be healthy, even when we’re stressed. In the process of solving her own problem of suffering from migraines for 25 years, Dr. Doni developed her Stress Recovery Protocol™ which identifies how stress uniquely affects each individual and then uses epigenetics to reoptimize health. Her unique approach helps patients reverse challenging health conditions including fatigue, anxiety, autoimmunity, fertility and recurrent miscarriages, insomnia, as well as HPV infections and abnormal pap smears.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:45] What led Dr. Wilson to work as a naturopathic physician
- [05:30] What is stress
- [07:30] Are stress hormones during pregnancy the same as day to day stress
- [09:50] Do adrenaline and cortisol work the same
- [12:00] What is epigenetics
- [14:45] What type of tests does Dr. Wilson order for her patients
- [20:15]Knowing where your hormone imbalance is important in order to recover from stress
- [27:30] Any symptoms that you may be experiencing can be a signal that you need your hormone levels tested
- [31:00] Stress recovery activities
- [33:30] Dr. Wilson’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
Guest website – DoctorDoni.com
Guest social media – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn
Guest book – Stress Warrior
Visit our social media for more information
54. Top Reasons People are Hospitalized from COVID-19
A Tufts University Study has clarified that 66% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations are due to just four underlying medical conditions. And all of them are the result of long-term poor diet and lifestyle choices. Today I talk about those four conditions, the four things you can do to stop and start reversing them to reduce your risk.
55. Two Working Moms Talk Finance
Since finances are one of life’s major stressors and a common reason for arguments in a marriage, then who better to talk to about juggling finances in the real world than two working moms and entrepreneurs. Amanda Kessler and Lara Ford are on a mission to help other women achieve financial success and independence. They made it to their 40s and didn’t have a clue regarding finances, until a few key conversations with friends changed the trajectories of their financial lives.
56. Top Natural Ways to De-Stress
You know emotional eating and unwinding with a nightcap are not healthy ways to deal with stress, but too many people are turning to those strategies since the pandemic. Today I talk to you about healthy ways to tackle stress that will help calm your mind now but also gives your body the resources to handle stress better so you can show up every day as the best version of yourself. Spoiler alert: you don’t have to meditate or do yoga if you don’t want to.