55. Two Working Moms Talk Finance
Since finances are one of life’s major stressors and a common reason for arguments in a marriage, then who better to talk to about juggling finances in the real world than two working moms and entrepreneurs. Amanda Kessler and Lara Ford are on a mission to help other women achieve financial success and independence. They made it to their 40s and didn’t have a clue regarding finances, until a few key conversations with friends changed the trajectories of their financial lives.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:30] How did Amanda and Lara take control of their finances
- [06:15] How did the best friend podcast come to life
- [09:40] If money doesn’t buy happiness what does
- [11:30] The 90 day no spend
- [17:30] How to start talking about finances with your partner
- [22:48] Have Amanda and Lara seen a change in their kids and the way they talk about finances
- [27:15] Can people become too restrictive with their finances
- [31:00] Having a plan is the first step to handling your finances
- [33:00] Laura’s and Amanda’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
Guest podcast – Best Friends Finance
Guest website – https://bestfriendsfinance.com/
Guest social media – Instagram
Visit our social media for more information
Vitamin D does a lot more than support healthy bones. Vitamin D supports brain health, muscle size and strength, heart health, mood, pancreas health and insulin balance. In this podcast, I discuss six surprising benefits of vitamin D and six more reasons to make sure you get enough.
Learn how to boost feel-good dopamine and oxytocin to help you create a more connected, healthier and joyful life.
In general, a whole food, unprocessed diet that emphasizes healthy protein and fats, vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes, and lean meats or fish, is consistently linked to better health. But, you may be wondering, how specifically do healthy foods work their magic?