59. Tame Your Fear Brain with Dr. Kate Truitt
Fear can get the best of any of us, and you know you can’t be your best self when you’re afraid and overwhelmed. That’s why it’s so important to learn skills that allow you to tame your fear brain and to help us understand exactly how to do that is Dr. Kate Truitt. Dr. Kate is a Clinical Psychologist committed to understanding the brain’s ability to transcend and transform the complex and beautiful relationship between nature and nurture. Her clinical practice, scientific studies, and training are specialized in the areas of stress, trauma, and resiliency. Her workshops have been attended by people around the world, and I can’t think of anyone better to talk to about this important topic.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:28] How Dr. Truitt got into studying the brain
- [03:25] How are people’s Amygdala being impacted during this pandemic
- [09:15] Where is the Amygdala located in the brain
- [07:30] How does the Amygdala work
- [09:30] How can you cope with stress better
- [10:45] What is psychosensory
- [12:30] Havening technique how it works and how to do it
- [18:30] Large amount of stress can make us make bad decisions
- [19:45] How many time should you be havening during the day
- [22:30] How having compassion for yourself helps with how you are feeling
- [26:30] The brain will better adapt and become more calm once the pandemic is over
- [28:45] Dr. Truitt walks us through a soothe havening exercise
- [33:45] Dr. Truitt parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
- Guest website – Dr. Truitt, Viva Excellence
- Guest social media – Dr. Truitt’s Facebook, Instagram
- Blog mentioned – Why We Need to Greet All Feelings As Friends
Visit our social media for more information
What your doctor doesn’t tell you about this disease is likely the most important thing you need to know. The discussions around osteoporosis with healthcare professionals is too often limited to bone mineral density and medications. But more than half of people who start osteoporosis medications discontinue them and a bone density test predicts less than half of people who will break a bone. Today I share with you how I talk to patients. You’ll come away knowing how to expand the conversation with your healthcare provider and what you can do to be in the driver’s seat when it comes to your own health.
Every day, millions of people take acid-blocking medications to treat the symptoms of acid reflux, for duodenal ulcers, and as an important part of a treatment strategy to kill the H. pylori infection. These medications are effective at treating the symptoms of disease, but they don’t treat the underlying cause and can create deadly side effects. Learn what causes acid reflux and how you can fix it using natural and integrative approaches.
Today’s special guest isn’t on the show because of nepotism, although it doesn’t hurt that she’s my wife and mom to our two kids. She’s here because she’s a powerhouse with a lot to share about how busy working moms can kick ass and still be healthy. She’s figured out how to juggle being a wife, a mom, a professional success, and a healthy human without losing her mind. And she’s on a mission to help other women do it too. Her two books have been huge successes and she’s been featured in Forbes, Fast Company, and Success, and has appeared on Fox Business News and morning shows around the country.