59. Tame Your Fear Brain with Dr. Kate Truitt
Fear can get the best of any of us, and you know you can’t be your best self when you’re afraid and overwhelmed. That’s why it’s so important to learn skills that allow you to tame your fear brain and to help us understand exactly how to do that is Dr. Kate Truitt. Dr. Kate is a Clinical Psychologist committed to understanding the brain’s ability to transcend and transform the complex and beautiful relationship between nature and nurture. Her clinical practice, scientific studies, and training are specialized in the areas of stress, trauma, and resiliency. Her workshops have been attended by people around the world, and I can’t think of anyone better to talk to about this important topic.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:28] How Dr. Truitt got into studying the brain
- [03:25] How are people’s Amygdala being impacted during this pandemic
- [09:15] Where is the Amygdala located in the brain
- [07:30] How does the Amygdala work
- [09:30] How can you cope with stress better
- [10:45] What is psychosensory
- [12:30] Havening technique how it works and how to do it
- [18:30] Large amount of stress can make us make bad decisions
- [19:45] How many time should you be havening during the day
- [22:30] How having compassion for yourself helps with how you are feeling
- [26:30] The brain will better adapt and become more calm once the pandemic is over
- [28:45] Dr. Truitt walks us through a soothe havening exercise
- [33:45] Dr. Truitt parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
- Guest website – Dr. Truitt, Viva Excellence
- Guest social media – Dr. Truitt’s Facebook, Instagram
- Blog mentioned – Why We Need to Greet All Feelings As Friends
Visit our social media for more information
Probiotics are healthy bacteria that are naturally part of the microbiome. While not all beneficial bacteria have the same effects, specific species have been shown to promote healthy digestion, skin, mood, immune system, blood sugar control, and insulin, healthy weight, cholesterol, liver function, and support healing leaky gut.
The pandemic has taken a toll on everyone. Perhaps one of the most devastating impacts has been on children. Discussing the social and emotional challenges kids are facing is Dr. Sunita Iyer. She’s a midwife and naturopathic physician, and a graduate-level educator for more than a decade. But she’s also a mom, which makes this personal. After I attended one of Dr. Iyer’s lectures on this topic, I knew I had to interview her and help get her information out to a larger audience
Mushrooms have been used for thousands of years in food and medicine. To unlock the mysteries of mushrooms and how they can help you is Dr. Lindsay Chimileski. Dr. Chimileski is a clinician and professor of botanical medicine at University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine. She teaches mushroom courses to the public and is an assistant leader of ethnobotanical ecotours through Jamaican rainforests.