Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:25] Being under stress long term can lead to serious health problems
- [02:33] How stress damages collagen
- [03:00] What is collagen
- [04:00] There are 16 types of collagen in the body
- [05:00] What is the connection between collagen and stress
- [06:30] Cortisol directly degrades the collagen
- [07:20] Inflammation due to stress damages collagen
- [08:15] Collagen is crucial for bone quality
- [09:38] The quality of collagen is important
- [11:00] Oral supplementation improves collagen status in the body
- [11:45] Collagen composes about 80% of your skin
- [14:40] 5 things you can do
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – The Devastating Impact of Stress on Collagen
- Blog mentioned – Top Natural Approaches for Anxiety
- Blog mentioned – Checklist to Beat Insomnia
- Blog mentioned – 3-Steps to Eating Healthy for Life
- Products mentioned – Calm + Clear, Sleep Relief, Collagen
Visit our social media for more information
Learn how to boost feel-good dopamine and oxytocin to help you create a more connected, healthier and joyful life.
In general, a whole food, unprocessed diet that emphasizes healthy protein and fats, vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes, and lean meats or fish, is consistently linked to better health. But, you may be wondering, how specifically do healthy foods work their magic?
The top three nutrients for brain health are acetyl L-carnitine, alpha lipoic acid and huperzine A. Learn what they can do for you and how much to take.