72. Fitness Mindset with Kellen Schuh
Exercise is nature’s Prozac. It releases feel-good chemicals that lift mood but also reduces your risk for all sorts of nasty diseases—heart disease, Alzheimer’s, osteoporosis, diabetes. Everyone knows they should exercise, but most American’s aren’t. And we’re paying the price for it. Here to talk to us about the mindset and mechanics of exercise to help you reach any health goal, is fitness expert Kellen Schuh.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:45] How Kellen Got started in the fitness industry
- [07:30] Why people want to look good vs feel good when starting their fitness journey
- [08:45] Some obstacles people face when first starting out
- [10:45] 3 things to pay attention to when working out
- [12:45] How to know if you are moving correctly during workouts
- [15:35] Balance your day to day routine to incorporate working out
- [18:00] Why it’s important not to compare yourself to people on social media
- [19:35] Creating a fitness mindset
- [23:45] Why you should switch up your workout routine
- [24:35] How Kellen approaches nutrition and why it’s important when working out
- [26:20] Should you be consuming protein bars and protein shakes
- [28:50] Tips to finding a healthy protein bar
- [29:55] Kellen’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
- Guest social media – Kellen Schuh’s Facebook
- Guest email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our social media for more information
73. The Four Pillars of Health
Getting healthy and feeling your best is simple. Ignore the noise and focus on the fundamentals, which are The Four Pillars of Health. These four foundational aspects of health create well-being, increase energy, and joy. The four pillars of health are proper diet, a healthy active lifestyle, quality sleep, and connection to others. They’re the foundation for becoming as healthy, vibrant, and energetic as you can be.
74. Top Foods to Boost Your Immune System
“Tell me what you eat and I will tell you what you are” is as true today as when it was first written in 1925. The foods you choose make all the difference in your mental and physical health, vitality, and longevity. Yet many Americans are choosing foods that create inflammation, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, osteoporosis, arthritis, diabetes, depression, cancer, and that increase their risk of getting and dying from COVID-19. There’s a lot you can do right now to increase your nutrient status, health, and immunity.
75. Intermittent Fasting for Metabolic Syndrome with Dr. Chad Larson
If you’re overweight, have high blood pressure or poor blood sugar control you might have metabolic syndrome. This syndrome is the gateway to deadly chronic diseases. Dr. Larson is here to tell you that your fate isn’t sealed and that there’s lots you can do to turn things around. Dr. Larsen holds two medical degrees as both a chiropractor and naturopathic doctor. Today he’ll empower and inspire you to take your health to the next level.