72. Fitness Mindset with Kellen Schuh
Exercise is nature’s Prozac. It releases feel-good chemicals that lift mood but also reduces your risk for all sorts of nasty diseases—heart disease, Alzheimer’s, osteoporosis, diabetes. Everyone knows they should exercise, but most American’s aren’t. And we’re paying the price for it. Here to talk to us about the mindset and mechanics of exercise to help you reach any health goal, is fitness expert Kellen Schuh.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:45] How Kellen Got started in the fitness industry
- [07:30] Why people want to look good vs feel good when starting their fitness journey
- [08:45] Some obstacles people face when first starting out
- [10:45] 3 things to pay attention to when working out
- [12:45] How to know if you are moving correctly during workouts
- [15:35] Balance your day to day routine to incorporate working out
- [18:00] Why it’s important not to compare yourself to people on social media
- [19:35] Creating a fitness mindset
- [23:45] Why you should switch up your workout routine
- [24:35] How Kellen approaches nutrition and why it’s important when working out
- [26:20] Should you be consuming protein bars and protein shakes
- [28:50] Tips to finding a healthy protein bar
- [29:55] Kellen’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
Visit our social media for more information
Vitamin D does a lot more than support healthy bones. Vitamin D supports brain health, muscle size and strength, heart health, mood, pancreas health and insulin balance. In this podcast, I discuss six surprising benefits of vitamin D and six more reasons to make sure you get enough.
Learn how to boost feel-good dopamine and oxytocin to help you create a more connected, healthier and joyful life.
In general, a whole food, unprocessed diet that emphasizes healthy protein and fats, vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes, and lean meats or fish, is consistently linked to better health. But, you may be wondering, how specifically do healthy foods work their magic?