74. Top Foods to Boost Your Immune System
“Tell me what you eat and I will tell you what you are” is as true today as when it was first written in 1925. The foods you choose make all the difference in your mental and physical health, vitality, and longevity. Yet many Americans are choosing foods that create inflammation, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, osteoporosis, arthritis, diabetes, depression, cancer and that increase their risk of getting and dying from COVID-19. There’s a lot you can do right now to increase your nutrient status, health, and immunity.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [00:32] The food you eat affect both your immune system and physical health
- [01:35] Globally, there are more people overweight then there are going hungry
- [02:30] 90% of Americans are obese, and 10% suffer from diabetes
- [03:03] Omega 6, fatty acids, saturated fats, and trans fats also increase inflammation
- [04:45] Preliminary research shows those suffering from obesity and type 2 diabetes, are increase risk for severe COVID19 symptoms and death
- [05:15] How a diet filled with fruits and vegetables lower the risks for heart disease, diabetes, and other diseases
- [06:20] The importance if polyphenol
- [06:55] Diets high in polyphenol
- [08:35] Fruits and vegetables you should incorporate in your diet
- [11:00] Herbs and spices packed with polyphenol
Resources Talked About in This Episode
- Blog mentioned – Top Foods to Boost Your Immune System
Visit our social media for more information
Dr. Jenna Henderson’s unique expertise and specialty stems from her own experience with kidney failure. She had to find a solution to her own health problem and is now focused on the unique needs of renal patients. She’s lectured extensively across the country, working to bridge the gap between mainstream nephrology and natural medicine.
Probiotics are healthy bacteria that are naturally part of the microbiome. While not all beneficial bacteria have the same effects, specific species have been shown to promote healthy digestion, skin, mood, immune system, blood sugar control, and insulin, healthy weight, cholesterol, liver function, and support healing leaky gut.
The pandemic has taken a toll on everyone. Perhaps one of the most devastating impacts has been on children. Discussing the social and emotional challenges kids are facing is Dr. Sunita Iyer. She’s a midwife and naturopathic physician, and a graduate-level educator for more than a decade. But she’s also a mom, which makes this personal. After I attended one of Dr. Iyer’s lectures on this topic, I knew I had to interview her and help get her information out to a larger audience