74. Top Foods to Boost Your Immune System
“Tell me what you eat and I will tell you what you are” is as true today as when it was first written in 1925. The foods you choose make all the difference in your mental and physical health, vitality, and longevity. Yet many Americans are choosing foods that create inflammation, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, osteoporosis, arthritis, diabetes, depression, cancer and that increase their risk of getting and dying from COVID-19. There’s a lot you can do right now to increase your nutrient status, health, and immunity.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [00:32] The food you eat affect both your immune system and physical health
- [01:35] Globally, there are more people overweight then there are going hungry
- [02:30] 90% of Americans are obese, and 10% suffer from diabetes
- [03:03] Omega 6, fatty acids, saturated fats, and trans fats also increase inflammation
- [04:45] Preliminary research shows those suffering from obesity and type 2 diabetes, are increase risk for severe COVID19 symptoms and death
- [05:15] How a diet filled with fruits and vegetables lower the risks for heart disease, diabetes, and other diseases
- [06:20] The importance if polyphenol
- [06:55] Diets high in polyphenol
- [08:35] Fruits and vegetables you should incorporate in your diet
- [11:00] Herbs and spices packed with polyphenol
Resources Talked About in This Episode
- Blog mentioned – Top Foods to Boost Your Immune System
Visit our social media for more information
If you’re overweight, have high blood pressure or poor blood sugar control you might have metabolic syndrome. This syndrome is the gateway to deadly chronic diseases. Dr. Larson is here to tell you that your fate isn’t sealed and that there’s lots you can do to turn things around. Dr. Larsen holds two medical degrees as both a chiropractor and naturopathic doctor. Today he’ll empower and inspire you to take your health to the next level.
What your doctor doesn’t tell you about this disease is likely the most important thing you need to know. The discussions around osteoporosis with healthcare professionals is too often limited to bone mineral density and medications. But more than half of people who start osteoporosis medications discontinue them and a bone density test predicts less than half of people who will break a bone. Today I share with you how I talk to patients. You’ll come away knowing how to expand the conversation with your healthcare provider and what you can do to be in the driver’s seat when it comes to your own health.
Chemicals in the environment disrupt the normal activity of the thyroid, estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. They also deplete vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and neurotransmitters, causing health problems. Without even knowing it, you’re being exposed every day. Dr. Marianne Marchese talks about these chemicals, how they increase the risk for endometriosis, cancer, infertility and other health problems.