Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:03] How Dr. Larson got into this line of work
- [06:55] What is metabolic syndrome
- [09:45] How metabolic syndrome snuck into Dr. Larson’s life
- [11:55] 5 criteria of metabolic syndrome
- [15:50] Being heavy and overweight isn’t always the first indicator of metabolic syndrome
- [17:45] is eating better and exercising the key to avoiding metabolic syndrome
- [22:00] Fasting and how to do it right
- [23:24] How metabolic syndrome is a gateway to different chronic diseases
- [27:30] How Covid has affected metabolic syndrome patients
- [32:00] simple ways to improving your health
- [33:00] What is the adapt lab
- [40:00] Dr. Larson’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
The lack of awareness around men’s health is a public health problem that my next guest is tackling. As people age, men tend to have more severe diseases than women, putting them at greater risk for not being able to enjoy their golden years and dying early. Dr. Eric Yarnell has been practicing, teaching and researching for more than 20 years in the field of men’s health and urology.
Vitamin D does a lot more than support healthy bones. Vitamin D supports brain health, muscle size and strength, heart health, mood, pancreas health and insulin balance. In this podcast, I discuss six surprising benefits of vitamin D and six more reasons to make sure you get enough.
Learn how to boost feel-good dopamine and oxytocin to help you create a more connected, healthier and joyful life.