78. COVID Long Haulers with Dr. Paul Anderson
About 1% of patients with COVID-19 symptoms are still struggling months later. These are the “long haulers” who suffer from wide ranging and mysterious symptoms. They include fatigue, brain fog, difficulty finding words, headaches, difficulty sleeping, body aches, and joint pain. Dr. Paul Anderson brings more than thirty years of clinical work and research on chronic diseases, and his work with COVID patients to explain what’s going on and how people can continue to heal.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [02:02] What is COVID long haulers syndrome
- [05:15] The most common symptoms of COVID long haulers
- [08:01] COVID long haulers complications
- [10:45] Can underlying diseases cause post-COVID complications
- [12:30] The connection between brain fog and central nervous system dysfunction
- [14:11] Is vasculitis the cause of some COVID symptoms
- [16:15] Will anti-inflammatory medication help with post-COVID inflammation
- [20:30] Important questions to ask your doctor if you’re experiencing post-COVID symptoms
- [25:30] Can you prevent getting COVID long haulers syndrome
- [31:45] All about Dr. Anderson’s new book
- [37:09] Where can you find Dr. Anderson to learn more information
- [39:15] Dr. Anderson’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
- Guest website – Consult Dr. A
- Guest social media – Dr.Anderson’s Facebook, Instagram
- Guest book – Cancer: The Journey from Diagnosis to Empowerment
Visit our social media for more information
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy involves breathing pure oxygen in a pressurized environment. It accelerates the body’s natural healing process by increasing the amount of oxygen in the blood. Here to explain more about hyperbaric oxygen and how it can help is Dr. Masha Makeeva, a faculty member at International Hyperbaric Association, and a past Scientific Committee Member at the Spanish Association of Hyperbaric Medicine.
Giving birth is the most vulnerable time in a woman and baby’s lives. Women want to feel safe and in control of their birthing experience, but too many women don’t, especially black and brown women. Kimberly Seals Allers has done something to change that. She’s the founder of Irth app, and what she’s doing for families is nothing short of incredible.
Osteoporosis is a global epidemic. Too often people only think about their bones when they break one. Penelope Wasserman developed the Million Dollar Bones program in 2011 to help prevent osteoporosis by teaching healthy lifestyle habits to children decades before people are usually thinking about their bones. Her unique program is a sensory immersion experience that gets kids (and adults) excited about bone health.