Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:15] Dr. Iyer’s background
- [03:40] What challenges does Dr. Iyer see in K-5 age group
- [09:15] What kind of impact did online classes have
- [11:00] Clues on knowing how your child is doing
- [15:00] What is happening in children’s mental health
- [16:45] What can parents do to help their children
- [19:45] How Covid is affecting younger children’s mental health
- [23:00] How to bring joy back into your life after Coivd19
- [29:00] Healthy way to express your emotions in front of your kids
Resources talked about in this episode
85. Top Benefits of Probiotics
Probiotics are healthy bacteria that are naturally part of the microbiome. While not all beneficial bacteria have the same effects, specific species have been shown to promote healthy digestion, skin, mood, immune system, blood sugar control, and insulin, healthy weight, cholesterol, liver function, and support healing leaky gut.
86. Kidney Health with Dr. Jenna Henderson
Dr. Jenna Henderson’s unique expertise and specialty stems from her own experience with kidney failure. She had to find a solution to her own health problem and is now focused on the unique needs of renal patients. She’s lectured extensively across the country, working to bridge the gap between mainstream nephrology and natural medicine.
87. Eating Disorders in Kids with Dr. Lisa Ghent
One person dies every 52 minutes in the US because of an eating disorder, and 95% of people with eating disorders are between the ages of 12 and 25. Parents often struggle with helping their kids develop healthy eating habits and body image, so to help us navigate this is Dr. Lisa Ghent. In addition to her incredible book smarts and clinical experiences, her real-world, practical experiences bring a depth of understanding to this topic that’s rare. A large percentage of Dr. Lisa’s practice is pediatrics, and she’s a wife and mom to three daughters, ages 12, 9, and 7.