Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [02:51] Define FSGS (Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis)
- [03:53] How to recognize issues in kidney health
- [08:53] Long-term medication and kidney health
- [13:02] Kidney functions
- [14:14] Two vs. one.… Can we survive with just one kidney?
- [15:12]: How helpful are dietary supplements for kidney health?
- [16:58] Stages of kidney disease
- [17:09] Differing treatment for different stages of kidney disease
- [20:57] Medications that are damaging to the kidneys
- [25:08] Helpful tips for early stages of kidney disease
- [26:12] Water – How much is enough?
- [29:22] Specific nutrients that support kidney health
- [32:17] Celery and kidney health benefits
- [33:52] Foods to promote kidney health and foods to avoid
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned –nbihealth.com/drink-celery-juice-for-health-and-vitality/
- Blog mentioned – Drink Celery Juice for Health and Vitality by Dr. John Neustadt
- Guest website – https://holistic-kidney.com/
- Guest social media – facebook.com/Holistic-Kidney-126656923896
One person dies every 52 minutes in the US because of an eating disorder, and 95% of people with eating disorders are between the ages of 12 and 25. Parents often struggle with helping their kids develop healthy eating habits and body image, so to help us navigate this is Dr. Lisa Ghent. In addition to her incredible book smarts and clinical experiences, her real-world, practical experiences bring a depth of understanding to this topic that’s rare. A large percentage of Dr. Lisa’s practice is pediatrics, and she’s a wife and mom to three daughters, ages 12, 9, and 7.
What medications are integrative docs looking at to help their patients with COVID? What does the research show and how can that be used to support someone’s immune system to help them? Here to discuss all of this and more is Dr. Brenden Cochran.
Mental health challenges, the pandemic, social pressures and easy access to cannabis, alcohol and other drugs has created a teenage crisis larger than we’ve ever seen. Learn how the developing teen brain is affected by drugs and alcohol, and what we can do to help kids cope better with the stresses of daily life with Dr Krista Anderson-Ross.