Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [2:51] The impact of the pandemic on adolescent mental health
- [5:30] Signs for parents to look out for in their teens
- [11:32] Correlation between the pandemic and eating disorders in adolescents
- [13:16] The breakdown of an adolescent’s key neurotransmitters
- [18:06] Substances teens are turning to for dopamine replacement
- [23:45] Infrequent cannabis use is still linked to depression
- [25:05] Medication approach for treating adolescent mental health
- [27:01] Nutritional deficiency and natural neurotransmitter development
- [32:25] Nutrient and Neurotransmitter testing with adolescent patients
- [36:02] Caffeine and adolescents
- [39:24] Helping adolescents get back into the circadian rhythm
- [44:06] The impact of simple movements on mental health
Resources talked about in this episode
- Guest website – https://drkristand.com/
Vitamin D does a lot more than support healthy bones. Vitamin D supports brain health, muscle size and strength, heart health, mood, pancreas health and insulin balance. In this podcast, I discuss six surprising benefits of vitamin D and six more reasons to make sure you get enough.
Learn how to boost feel-good dopamine and oxytocin to help you create a more connected, healthier and joyful life.
In general, a whole food, unprocessed diet that emphasizes healthy protein and fats, vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes, and lean meats or fish, is consistently linked to better health. But, you may be wondering, how specifically do healthy foods work their magic?