Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [2:51] The impact of the pandemic on adolescent mental health
- [5:30] Signs for parents to look out for in their teens
- [11:32] Correlation between the pandemic and eating disorders in adolescents
- [13:16] The breakdown of an adolescent’s key neurotransmitters
- [18:06] Substances teens are turning to for dopamine replacement
- [23:45] Infrequent cannabis use is still linked to depression
- [25:05] Medication approach for treating adolescent mental health
- [27:01] Nutritional deficiency and natural neurotransmitter development
- [32:25] Nutrient and Neurotransmitter testing with adolescent patients
- [36:02] Caffeine and adolescents
- [39:24] Helping adolescents get back into the circadian rhythm
- [44:06] The impact of simple movements on mental health
Resources talked about in this episode
- Guest website – https://drkristand.com/
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and prostate cancer are two of the most common men’s health concerns as they age. Learn their warning signs and how to support prostate health.
One in every 300 adults has hypothyroidism and as much as 20% of women over 60 years old suffer from low thyroid function. Thyroid hormones affect every cell in the body and symptoms of low thyroid mimic other conditions and are confused for other issues. Learn the nutrients your thyroid needs to be healthy and how to get them.
The top three nutrients for brain health are acetyl L-carnitine, alpha lipoic acid and huperzine A. Learn what they can do for you and how much to take.