16. Fitness Mindset with Kellen Schuh
Exercise is nature’s Prozac. It releases feel-good chemicals that lift mood but also reduces your risk for all sorts of nasty diseases—heart disease, Alzheimer’s, osteoporosis, diabetes. Everyone knows they should exercise, but most American’s aren’t. And we’re paying the price for it. Here to talk to us about the mindset and mechanics of exercise to help you reach any health goal, is fitness expert Kellen Schuh.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:45] How Kellen Got started in the fitness industry
- [07:30] Why people want to look good vs feel good when starting their fitness journey
- [08:45] Some obstacles people face when first starting out
- [10:45] 3 things to pay attention to when working out
- [12:45] How to know if you are moving correctly during workouts
- [15:35] Balance your day to day routine to incorporate working out
- [18:00] Why it’s important not to compare yourself to people on social media
- [19:35] Creating a fitness mindset
- [23:45] Why you should switch up your workout routine
- [24:35] How Kellen approaches nutrition and why it’s important when working out
- [26:20] Should you be consuming protein bars and protein shakes
- [28:50] Tips to finding a healthy protein bar
- [29:55] Kellen’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
Visit our social media for more information
Depression is a global epidemic. The number of people living with depression rose to 322 million people in 2015, an 18% increase from just 10 years earlier.
Robert Richman is one of the world’s foremost experts in helping people create transformative growth in their lives and helping companies create cultures that unleash the power and potential of its employees.
When it comes to health, we’re our own worst enemies. Whether it’s regularly exercising, eating healthy, making that doctor’s appointment you’ve been putting off, creating the changes necessary to reduce your stress and make you happier, we all know how life can get in the way.