19. Five Behaviors to Create the Health and Life You Want
When it comes to health, we’re our own worst enemies. Whether it’s regularly exercising, eating healthy, making that doctor’s appointment you’ve been putting off, creating the changes necessary to reduce your stress and make you happier, we all know how life can get in the way. What I’ve found is that there are five key behaviors that will help you reach any goal. The more of these you can start doing in your life, the more energy you’ll have and the happier you’ll be in all areas of your life.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:04] Behavior #1: Healthy sleep habits
- [02:00] Sleep deprivation is a risk factor for depression, heart disease, diabetes, dying early, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- [03:02] Why people are suffering from social jet lag
- [04:50] Behavior #2: Positive thinking
- [06:13] Tips for breaking negative thought patterns
- [08:10] How to be more proactive
- [10:30] Behavior #3: Making success easier
- [11:30] How procrastination is affecting you from reaching your goals
- [12:35] Two powerful tools to avoiding procrastination
- [16:30] Behavior #4: Owning your actions
- [18:35] More than 60% of all chronic diseases are caused by poor diet and lifestyle
- [20:15] Behavior #5: Creating healthy boundaries
- [21:00] Are you suffering from YOU syndrome?
- [22:30] Try this exercise to help you treat yourself better
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – Create a Virtuous Cycle with Gratitude
- Blog mentioned – Stop Blaming Your Genes (and Your Parents)
- Blog mentioned – Create a Virtuous Cuyle with Gratitude
- Product mentioned – Sleep Relief
- Book mentioned – The Happiness Advantage: How a Positive Brain Fuels Success in Work and Life
Visit our social media for more information
Dr. Sunita Iyer has been in clinical practice as a midwife and naturopathic physician, and a graduate level educator for more than a decade. She’s attended more than 500 births and is an expert in prenatal and perinatal care of children and the women who bore them.
Millions of women are walking around tired, with their hair falling out, depressed and struggling with brain fog because most doctors don’t order the most important lab test to diagnose a common underlying cause of all these symptoms.
Dr. Loretta Breuning is Founder of the Inner Mammal Institute and author of Habits of a Happy Brain: Retrain your brain to boost your serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin and endorphin levels.