05. Fracture Proof Your Bones
In today’s episode, we talk about what you should be doing to reduce your osteoporosis and fracture risk. Should you get screened for osteoporosis? How does the screening test work? And what can be done to protect your bones from fractures? Many people don’t realize they’re walking around with bones that are getting weaker until one day, SNAP!, they break a bone. Don’t let that be you.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:39] Osteoporosis is an epidemic
- [02:40] 1 in 2 women will experience an osteoporosis fracture
- [02:54] 1 in 5 will be affected by an osteoporosis-related fracture
- [03:08] Osteoporosis is a disease related to aging
- [03:22] You should be screened at age 65 if you have any additional risk factors
- [04:29] Certain medication can increase the risk of getting an osteoporosis fracture
- [07:33] What does your bone density screening results mean
- [09:37] We should all be doing what we can to square the curve
- [11:28] How predictive is a bone density test at predicting fractures
- [13:04] Things that help us predict if you are at risk of an osteoporosis fracture
- [14:26] A 50-year-old woman has a similar lifetime risk of dying from a hip fracture as for breast cancer
- [14:54] What you can do to change osteoporosis risk
- [17:37] Natural and integrative ways that you can do to grow stronger bones and reduce your fracture risk
- [25:14] Dietary supplements that will help reduce fracture risk
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – 6 Steps to Reduce Fracture Risk
- Blog mentioned – Stop the Burn—7 Proven Ways to Stop Acid Reflux
Visit our social media for more information
06. SIBO and Gut Health with Dr. Adam Rinde
In today’s episode, I talk about small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) and gut health with Dr. Adam Rinde.
07. Smartphone Addiction
In today’s episode, we’re going to talk about smartphone addiction. Let’s face it, we’re hooked, I’m hooked. I love my cellphone.
08. Mold Toxicity with Dr. Jill Crista
In today’s episode, we’re going to learn how to identify mold and mycotoxin sickness and how to treat it with Dr. Jill Crista.