10. Integrative Cardiology with Dr. Bret Scher
In today’s episode, board certified cardiologist and lipidologist, Dr. Bret Scher talks about integrative cardiology and how you can naturally prevent heart disease. Dr. Scher spent decades following the conventional medical protocols for treating heart disease until he realized that it wasn’t working as well as it should. After diving into the research on natural and integrative approaches, he now helps reframe the message of health and prevention. Heart disease is the number one killer in the US. More than 30 million people have been diagnosed with heart disease and every 37 seconds in the United States it kills someone. Learn what you can do so you don’t end up like one of the nearly 650,000 Americans each year killed by cardiovascular disease.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [02:38] How Dr. Scher transitioned into integrative cardiology
- [07:30] How Dr. Scher helps his clients prevent heart disease through a more innovative approach
- [11:56] The top 3 things you can control in your life that will have the biggest impact on your health
- [17:20] Dr. Scher’s take on different diets
- [22:50] How effective are statins in preventing a heart attack
- [26:50] What is a calcium score and how can you get one
- [31:50] Can anything reduce a high calcium score
- [36:09] Dr. Scher’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – The Cholesterol Mistake Everyone is Making
- Guest podcast – Diet Doctor Podcast
- Guest website – Low Carb Cardiologist
- Guest social media – Dr. Bret Scher’s Twitter
- Guest book – Your Best Health Ever!
Visit our social media for more information
In this episode, Dr. Neustadt talks about the most common hidden toxins lurking in your kitchen.
In today’s episode, Sharon Delaney McCloud, an Emmy Award-winning broadcaster, TEDx Speaker, cancer survivor, Olympic Torch Bearer, author and communications expert, talks about the power of living out loud.
Pharmacies filled more than 4 billion prescriptions a year for the 55% of Americans who now take at least one drug and the nearly 12% who take five or more. But all those pills are leaving a lot of devastation in their wake.