09. Libido, Erections and Sleep
June is Men’s Health month, and one of the under recognized causes of decreased libido, waking up at night to pee, weak erections and lower testosterone is poor sleep. In this episode, Dr. Neustadt focuses on the devastating impact insomnia has on men’s health and what men can do to improve their sleep.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [00:30] One of the biggest contributors to men’s chronic health issues is poor sleep
- [02:30] Over 70 million Americans are suffering from a chronic sleep disorder
- [04:45] Hidden connections between decreased erections, low libido, and male infertility due to poor sleep
- [05:15] 50% of men 40 – 70 years old experience some degree of erectile dysfunction
- [08:00] How sleep patterns affect men’s libido
- [09:08] How sleep is linked to male infertility
- [12:30] Tips for getting good quality sleep
- [14:54] How reducing stress and exercising help you sleep better
- [20:05] Understanding sleep medication and do they really work
- [25:50] How lack of sleep affects our immune system
Resources talked about in this episode
Visit our social media for more information
Learn how to boost feel-good dopamine and oxytocin to help you create a more connected, healthier and joyful life.
In general, a whole food, unprocessed diet that emphasizes healthy protein and fats, vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes, and lean meats or fish, is consistently linked to better health. But, you may be wondering, how specifically do healthy foods work their magic?
The top three nutrients for brain health are acetyl L-carnitine, alpha lipoic acid and huperzine A. Learn what they can do for you and how much to take.