17. Natural Strategies for Depression
Depression is a global epidemic. The number of people living with depression rose to 322 million people in 2015, an 18% increase from just 10 years earlier. Too often antidepressant medications don’t work and have awful side effects that add additional problems to people’s depression. Thankfully, simple, integrative strategies people are effective at reversing depression without medications’ side effects.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:00] Understanding antidepressant medication and is it the right approach for you
- [04:00] How effective are antidepressants
- [06:55] Natural approaches to improving your mood
- [10:30] Two techniques that can help motivate you to workout
- [14:00] How yoga can help people struggling with anxiety and depression
- [16:30] The connection between nutrition and depression
- [22:20] How nutrient deficiencies can be an underlying cause of depression
- [26:55] Thyroid deficiencies is a common cause of depression
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – 5 Simple Ways to Work Exercise into Your Life.
- Blog mentioned – Dr. Neustadt’s 3 Steps to Eating Healthy for Life.
- Blog mentioned – The Most Important Lab Tests Women Aren’t Getting
Visit our social media for more information
Vitamin D does a lot more than support healthy bones. Vitamin D supports brain health, muscle size and strength, heart health, mood, pancreas health and insulin balance. In this podcast, I discuss six surprising benefits of vitamin D and six more reasons to make sure you get enough.
Learn how to boost feel-good dopamine and oxytocin to help you create a more connected, healthier and joyful life.
In general, a whole food, unprocessed diet that emphasizes healthy protein and fats, vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes, and lean meats or fish, is consistently linked to better health. But, you may be wondering, how specifically do healthy foods work their magic?