06. SIBO and Gut Health with Dr. Adam Rinde
In today’s episode, I talk about small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) and gut health with Dr. Adam Rinde. Dr. Rinde is a digestive health expert based in Bellevue, WA. He has been in practice for over 13 years after graduating from Bastyr University’s Naturopathic Medicine program and completing a family medicine residency at the Bastyr Center for Natural Health. He is a lecturer, speaker, and writer on topics related to the gut microbiome, mind-gut axis, IBD, SIBO, and IBS. He also hosts the One Thing Podcast with Dr. Adam Rinde. Dr. Rhinde will talk about the symptoms of SIBO, how to treat it, what impact it can have on your life and what lifestyle factors may already pre-expose you to SIBO.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [00.30] Why taking care of your gut is important
- [01.00] Introduction of Dr. Adam Rinde
- [02.21] How Dr. Adam Rinde got into gut health
- [06.25] Whether Antibiotics help or not
- [09.05] Symptoms of different gut issues and their differences
- [11.15] General symptoms of SIBO that are the unifying feature
- [13.00] Why people can go for many years without being properly diagnosed
- [14.03] How to find out if you have SIBO
- [15.33] How dieting can help you treat SIBO
- [17.00] Other approaches to treat SIBO
- [18.40] Step by step instruction on how SIBO should be treated
- [21.00] How the migrating motor complex plays a role
- [23.00] The impact SIBO might have on people
- [24.13] How long it generally takes from the diagnosis to finishing treatments
- [25.30] Lifestyle factors that may pre-expose you to SIBO
- [27.20] Whether sleep deprivation, insomnia, and chronic stress can change your gut health in an unhealthy way
- [30.28] Why you need to be aware of the gut-brain axis
- [32.12] How you can reach out to Dr. Adam Rinde
Resources talked about in this episode
- Guest podcast – One Thing Podcast hosted by Dr. Adam Rinde
- Guest website – Sound Integrative
- Guest social media – Dr. Adam Rinde’s Instagram
Visit our social media for more information
In today’s episode, we’re going to talk about smartphone addiction. Let’s face it, we’re hooked, I’m hooked. I love my cellphone.
In today’s episode, we’re going to learn how to identify mold and mycotoxin sickness and how to treat it with Dr. Jill Crista.
In this episode, Dr. Neustadt focuses on the devastating impact insomnia has on men’s health and what men can do to improve their sleep.