02. Treating COVID-19 with Dr. Decker Weiss
In today’s episode, I’m talking with Dr. Decker Weiss on how he’s treating COVID-19 patients. Dr. Weiss also gives us amazing tips on how to keep our immune system strong while fighting an infection. Dr. Weiss is a naturopathic physician and cardiologist with over 20 years of clinical practice. Dr. Weiss launched a non-profit called Peace Possible that researches intractable conflict, and provides medical services to refugees and challenged populations world-wide. His unique perspective on COVID-19 is a must for anyone wanting to know more about the pandemic and what they can do to protect themselves.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:21] Introduction of Dr. Decker Weiss
- [06:08] How Dr. Weiss began to treat patients with COVID-19
- [08:15] Why practicing social distancing is important even if you’re young and healthy.
- [10:04] How to keep your immune system strong when fighting off an infection
- [13:04] Tips to decrease the severity of a viral infection
- [18:17] Why good quality sleep is important when fighting off an infection
- [21:18] What you should do if you think you have COVID-19
- [29:15] How to stay calm during this time
- [32:48] Dr. Weiss’s parting words
- [34:02] How you can reach Dr. Weiss
Resources talked about in this episode
- Product mentioned – Sleep Relief
- Blog mentioned – Dr. Neustadt Quarantined from COVID-19
- Guest website – Peace Possible
- Guest scheduler – Schedule with Dr. Weiss
- Guest social media – Dr. Decker Weiss’ Twitter
Visit our social media for more information
Dr. Jenna Henderson’s unique expertise and specialty stems from her own experience with kidney failure. She had to find a solution to her own health problem and is now focused on the unique needs of renal patients. She’s lectured extensively across the country, working to bridge the gap between mainstream nephrology and natural medicine.
Probiotics are healthy bacteria that are naturally part of the microbiome. While not all beneficial bacteria have the same effects, specific species have been shown to promote healthy digestion, skin, mood, immune system, blood sugar control, and insulin, healthy weight, cholesterol, liver function, and support healing leaky gut.
The pandemic has taken a toll on everyone. Perhaps one of the most devastating impacts has been on children. Discussing the social and emotional challenges kids are facing is Dr. Sunita Iyer. She’s a midwife and naturopathic physician, and a graduate-level educator for more than a decade. But she’s also a mom, which makes this personal. After I attended one of Dr. Iyer’s lectures on this topic, I knew I had to interview her and help get her information out to a larger audience